Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots near noon then becoming westerly 20 early this evening. Wind veering to northwest 25 near midnight then diminishing to northwest 15 Friday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Periods of rain beginning this afternoon changing to flurries this evening and ending this evening.
High today plus 4. Low tonight minus 4. High Friday plus 3.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023
Saturday Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to southwest 35 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind northwest 30 knots.
Monday Wind north 20 knots becoming southwest 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the eastern Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Avalon Peninsula.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to New Brunswick
then to Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 30 March 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across the marine district from
west to east today and tonight. Strong northwesterlies in the wake of
the trough will increase to strong to gale force overnight tonight
Or Friday morning. These gales will begin to diminish Friday
afternoon or evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warning are in effect for West
Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope and Chaleur-Miscou - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait - western half and Chaleur-Miscou.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: