Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 10 August 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots near noon and to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Tuesday morning. Fog patches reforming Tuesday evening.
High today plus 23. Low tonight plus 18. High Tuesday plus 23.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 10 August 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: