Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 25 March 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 15 knots with gusts to 25 diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to southeast 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 near noon Sunday then backing to east 20 Sunday evening.
Snow Sunday morning and afternoon. Showers Sunday afternoon and evening. Flurries Sunday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 1 rising to plus 5 this afternoon then falling to minus 2 overnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 March 2023
Monday Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Tuesday Wind northerly 15 to 20 knots.
Wednesday Wind light becoming east 10 to 15 knots late in the day.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 25 March 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 980 mb located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1004 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 1000 mb located near Eastern Shore.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 AM ADT 25 March 2023 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will continue to
slowly move eastward away from the district today. Strong to gale
force westerly winds in the wake of the system will diminish as a
ridge builds in from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, East Scotian
Slope - eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: