Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 20 October 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Low tonight plus 8. High Thursday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 20 October 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary low 990 mb located
northeast of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough from low located over
the southeastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located west of the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM ADT 20 October 2021 An intense low pressure system northeast of Newfoundland will remain
nearly stationary through the forecast period. Strong to possibly
gale force west to northwest winds can be expected over Banquereau
and Laurentian Fan tonight associated with the low.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: