Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 09 July 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then becoming southerly 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Fog patches overnight and fog patches retreating to the approaches Friday morning. Fog moving into the harbour Friday evening.
Low tonight plus 15. High Friday plus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 9 July 2020 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 8:00 a.m. ADT Friday weakening trough located over the eastern
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1015 mb located east of Sable Island.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 1015 mb located over the southern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: