Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 23 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwesterly 20 to 25 late this evening then veering to northwesterly 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwesterly 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Rain this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Low tonight plus 10. High Thursday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 23 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 23 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough from 1004 mb low located over New
Brunswick extending southward.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough from 1001 mb low located over
Labrador Coast extending southeastward.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located south of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM ADT 23 October 2019 An intensifying trough of low pressure over New Brunswick will move
to lie east of Laurentian Fan late in the day Thursday. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough shift to generally
strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Gulf - Magdalen eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Fundy, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West
Scotian Slope, Banquereau - eastern half and Laurentian Fan - eastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: