Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 22 June 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots early Wednesday morning and to northwest 15 to 20 near noon Wednesday. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Showers and fog patches ending near noon Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
High today plus 20. Low tonight plus 14. High Wednesday plus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 22 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Claudette 1004 mb
located over West Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located over Banquereau.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gaspe Peninsula.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM ADT 22 June 2021 The remnants of post-tropical storm Claudette will move through the
southern marine district today and tonight. Strong winds are
currently forecast for southern waters but could possibly reach gale
force near this disturbance.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: