Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 04 June 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots this afternoon with gusts to 20 in the Approaches tonight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Friday.
Fog patches overnight. Fog patches retreating to the approaches Friday morning. Fog patches moving into the harbour Friday late in the day.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 8. High Friday plus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 4 June 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located east of the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary trough located north of
the St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM ADT 4 June 2020 A trough of low pressure extending south from Banquereau will move
east of the marine district this evening. Strong to gale force
southerlies ahead of the trough will diminish to moderate
southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: