Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 May 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this evening and to light after midnight. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Showers ending this morning.
Temperatures plus 5 rising to plus 14 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5110N 5825W to Newfoundland near
5035N 5720W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 22 May 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 22 May 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 988 mb located east of Cape Breton
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 988 mb located southeast of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 22 May 2019 A low pressure system east of Cape Breton Island will move slowly
eastward to lie southeast of Newfoundland by this afternoon.
Strong to gale force northeasterlies north of the low shift to
Strong to gale force northwesterlies behind it. South of the low
strong to possibly gale force westerlies are expected.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half,
Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: