Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 03 August 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 this afternoon then diminishing to west 10 to 15 early Wednesday morning.
Showers overnight and Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 2 August 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Aug estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5550W to 5345N 5345W to 5515N 5330W to 5755N 5555W to
5900N 5800W to 5955N 5140W to 5840N 4650W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 3 August 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 998 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 995 mb located northeast of Funk
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 998 mb located over Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 1000 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM NDT 3 August 2021 A low pressure system over Funk Island Bank will move northeast of
the region this afternoon. Strong to gale force southwesterlies ahead
of the low will diminish this afternoon as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, Northern Grand Banks and
Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: