Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NST 29 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to north 25 near noon then veering to northeast 30 this evening. Wind backing to north 25 overnight then diminishing to north 15 to 20 near noon Thursday.
Flurries today tonight and Thursday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning near noon.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
Open water except 1 tenth grey ice along parts of the coasts.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5320N 5245W to 5500N 5305W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 03:00 AM NST 29 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 29 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located southeast of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM NST 29 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, and
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: