Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 18 October 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots and locally gusts to 55 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 this evening and locally gusts to 45 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 near midnight and to variable 10 to 15 after midnight. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Rain and fog patches changing to showers Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5245N 5444W to 5426N 5233W to 5800N 5659W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Port au PortIssued 3:30 PM NDT 18 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 18 October 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cabot Strait.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM NDT 18 October 2021 A trough of low pressure over the Cabot Strait will move slowly
eastward to lie over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland by Tuesday
afternoon. Strong to gale force east to southeasterlies ahead of the
trough will continue over western waters and spread to eastern waters
tonight into Tuesday. Winds will diminish from west to east overnight
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: