Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NST 26 November 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast. Wind becoming northeast 25 near noon then diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening. Wind backing to north 10 to 15 Sunday morning then to west 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 November 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth new ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 25 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5631W to 4945N 5000W to 5000N 4800W to 5130N 4815W to 5815N
5630W to 6000N 5310W to 5755N 4510W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5126N 5705W to Newfoundland near 5104N 5650W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 26 November 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NST today intensifying low 980 mb located near Cape
By 10:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 968 mb located south of the Grand
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located from Labrador Sea to the
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM NST 26 November 2022 An intensifying low pressure system near Cape Breton Island will move
to lie east of the Grand Banks by late Sunday. Gale to storm force
east to southeasterlies will spread ahead of the low today, and then
shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies on Sunday in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, and the Grand
Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Southwest Coast, East Coast -
north of Cape St. Francis, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: