Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 10 May 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 near noon and to light Tuesday morning.
Showers or flurries ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5210N 4940W to 5525N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 May estimated from Quebec near
5038N 5927W to Newfoundland near 5004N 5738W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 10 May 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 992 mb located over northeastern
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over northeastern Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM NDT 10 May 2021 A low pressure system over Northeastern Newfoundland will move to lie
over Funk Island Bank later today where it will become nearly
stationary. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will redevelop over
Belle Isle Bank this afternoon, while strong to gale force west to
southwesterlies will persist across southern waters south of the low
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and
south, Belle Isle Bank, and Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: