Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 12 August 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Thursday.
Showers ending Thursday morning. Risk of thunderstorms today. Fog banks forming this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:07 PM EDT 11 August 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4806N 5253W to 4840N 5150W to 5205N 4810W to 5440N 4850W to 5840N
5705W to 6015N 5740W to 6100N 5600W to 5820N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5126N 5710W to Newfoundland near 5101N 5652W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 12 August 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
southern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over northern Labrador.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southeastern Labrador.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: