Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 03 October 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots backing to west 15 to 20 this afternoon then to southwest 25 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 2 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5033N 5616W to 5015N 4745W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over northern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located over the coast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM NDT 3 October 2022 A ridge of high pressure over Southern Newfoundland will move to lie
over the Grand Banks this afternoon where it will become
quasi-stationary. Meanwhile, a trough of low pressure will move
across the Labrador Sea on Tuesday. Gale force southwesterlies can be
expected between these two features over Strait of Belle Isle
overnight and Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: