Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NST 26 November 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening then backing to north 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind backing to west 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 November 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth new ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 26 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5539W to 5230N 5345W to 5430N 5400W to 5815N 5630W to
6000N 5310W to 5825N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 26 November 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NST today intensifying low 972 mb located south
By 3:30 p.m. NST Sunday low 968 mb located southeast of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over eastern Belle Isle Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NST 26 November 2022 An intensifying low pressure system south of Newfoundland will move
to lie east of the Grand Banks by late Sunday. Gale to storm force
east to southeasterlies can be expected ahead of the low tonight.
Winds will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies on Sunday in
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, and the Grand
Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Southwest Coast, East Coast -
north of Cape St. Francis, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: