Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 22 September 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 near noon and to southwest 30 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 near noon Monday then veering to west 15 Monday evening.
Showers beginning Monday morning and ending Monday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 September 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5049N 5600W to 5115N 4900W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N 5500W to 6100N
5800W to 6200N 5600W 5900N 5000W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5125N 5657W to Newfoundland near 5114N 5644W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 21 September 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing Post-tropical Storm Humberto
984 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight high located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday high located south of the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday approaching low located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM NDT 22 September 2019 A low pressure system from Northern Quebec will cross Northern
Labrador this afternoon then move to lie over the Labrador Sea on
Monday. Strong to gale force southwesterlies are forecast all waters
ahead of this system today and Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, East Coast, Belle Isle Bank,
Funk Island Bank and Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: