Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 18 September 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to north 15 to 20 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to north 25 Sunday evening.
Showers and fog patches ending near midnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5538W to 5245N 5400W to 5445N 5100W to 5800N 5700W to
6240N 6015W to 6310N 5640W to 5925N 5230W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 September 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over southern Labrador Sea.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough located southeast of Labrador Sea.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight Post-tropical Storm Odette 1001 mb located
at 39.2N 65.5W.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday Post-tropical Storm Odette 989 mb located
at 42.9N 56.4W.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over the southern Grand
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located east of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:02 PM NDT 18 September 2021 A trough of low pressure will move across northern waters tonight.
Gale force southwesterly winds will continue ahead of the trough will
then shift to strong to gale force northwesterly winds in its wake
before diminishing overnight into Sunday.
At 6:30 PM NDT, post-tropical storm Odette was located near 39.1
north 65.1 west, or 350 nautical miles southwest of Sable Island,
with a minimum central pressure of 1001 MB. Maximum sustained winds
are 40 knots and Odette is moving east - northeast at 16 knots.
Odette is expected to enter Canadian waters on Sunday with gale to
storm force winds forecast over southern waters Sunday and Monday.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
South Coast. Gale warnings are in effect for Strait of Belle Isle,
Southwest Coast, East Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and the Southern Grand
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: