Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 21 September 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 25 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the Newfoundland coast tonight and Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5300N 5400W to 5445N 5300W to 5800N 5700W to
6035N 5840W to 6045N 5420W to 5935N 5240W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 21 September 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over Labrador Sea.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM NDT 21 September 2021 A trough of low pressure stretching across the Labrador Sea combined
with a ridge of high pressure to the southeast of Newfoundland will
continue to generate gale force southwesterlies over the Strait of
Belle Isle tonight and Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: