Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NST 27 November 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 20 Monday afternoon and to north 30 Monday evening.
Rain or snow Monday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 November 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth new ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 26 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5539W to 5230N 5345W to 5430N 5400W to 5815N 5630W to
6000N 5310W to 5825N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 970 mb located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Monday departing low 978 mb located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NST Monday approaching low mb located southwest of
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:09 AM NST 27 November 2022 An intense low pressure system south of the Grand Banks will track
eastward away from the marine district by this afternoon. Gale force
northeasterlies north of the low will shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies behind the low.
Another low pressure system will approach from the Maritimes on
Monday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies to southwesterlies are
expected south of the low as it tracks across Southeastern
Newfoundland later in the day.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, Funk Island
Bank, and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: