Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 02 July 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 near midnight and to light Friday morning.
Periods of rain and occasional fog patches ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:12 PM EDT 2 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5412W to 4605N 5335W to 4605N 5100W to 4705N 4505W to
Newfoundland near 4850N 4440W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5123N 5754W to Newfoundland near 5041N 5716W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 2 July 2020 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday trough located over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM NDT 2 July 2020 A trough of low pressure over Southeastern Newfoundland will cross
the Grand Banks tonight and Friday. Strong to gale force
southwesterly winds are expected over southern waters tonight and
Friday ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: