Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 10:00 AM NST 22 January 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to southwest 15 this afternoon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon and to southwest 25 Sunday evening.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths grey ice along the Quebec coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 22 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5145N 5115W to 5305N 4905W to 5545N 5415W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 22 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NST today intensifying low 1009 mb located off the
East Coast of the U.S.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 984 mb located over the southwestern
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 10:00 a.m. NST Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:45 AM NST 22 January 2022 An intensifying low pressure system will approach the district from
the southwest on Sunday and lie over the Northern Grand Banks by
Sunday afternoon. Gale to storm force northeasterly to southerly
winds will spread across southeastern waters this evening into Sunday
ahead of the low. Strong to gale force north to northwesterly winds
will be seen late in the day on Sunday in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the northern and Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in
effect for South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, Funk
Island Bank, and Southwestern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: