Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NST 15 January 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 15 knots diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 15 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6240W to Prince
Edward Island near 4600N 6240W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6310W
to 4715N 6405W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N 6150W to 5040N 5820W to
Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west and north of the ice
Open water except 1 tenth grey ice in a few sheltered bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:36 PM EST 15 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5201N 5546W to 5145N 5400W to 5700N 5400W to 5935N 5620W to
6430N 5530W to 6000N 5100W to 5640N 4725W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 15 January 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight intensifying low 981 mb located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Saturday low 979 mb located east of the Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NST 15 January 2021 An intense low pressure system over Southwestern Grand Banks will
move eastwards to lie east of the Grand Banks by Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to
gale to storm force northwesterlies in its wake tonight.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, Northern Grand Banks -
western half, Southeastern Grand Banks - western half, and
Southwestern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast
Coast and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: