Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 04 June 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 near midnight. Wind southwest 20 Friday.
Showers tonight. Fog patches dissipating early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 4 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5311W to 4600N 4700W to 4610N 4445W to 4830N 4330W to 5100N
4510W to 5500N 5000W to 5800N 5500W to 6100N 5800W to 6200N 5630W to
5750N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6036W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 4 June 2020 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 994 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 998 mb located over northern Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Northeast Coast
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located northeast of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM NDT 4 June 2020 A trough of low pressure over the Northeast Coast will move to lie
east of the marine district tonight. Strong to gale force southerly
winds are forecast ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: