Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NST 04 December 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 Monday morning then backing to southwest 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Temperatures plus 5 falling to zero Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 4 tenths new ice along parts of the southwestern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 4 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5149N 5612W to 5130N 5500W to 5130N 5315W to 5230N 5245W to
5400N 5315W to 5815N 5545W to 6000N 5310W to 5745N 4700W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 4 December 2022 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located over western Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Monday dissipating trough located over the Avalon
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
northern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NST Monday approaching ridge located over Cape
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM NST 4 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over Western Newfoundland will weaken as it
moves eastward across the island tonight. Strong to gale force south
to southeasterlies will persist over waters east of the trough.
Winds will weaken to moderate to strong for most waters on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Gulf waters, East Coast, Funk Island Bank, and the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: