Gulf - Magdalen - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 20 June 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to easterly 15 to 20 Friday morning then backing to northeasterly 20 to 25 Friday afternoon. Wind backing to northerly 25 to 30 Friday evening.
Periods of rain and fog patches beginning near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 June 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5558W to 4505N 5445W to 4305N 4915W to 4305N 4745W to 4610N
4525W to Newfoundland near 4730N 4545W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6204W to Newfoundland near 4741N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gulf - Magdalen - western halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 20 June 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 20 June 2019 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough from low located over the southern
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday trough from low located from Northumberland
Strait to Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday intensifying low 994 mb located near
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday low 990 mb located over Nova Scotia.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: