Issued 03:00 AM ADT 07 July 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots this afternoon. Wind southwest 15 tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 7 July 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 997 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 998 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the western Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing ridge located over the eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:32 AM ADT 7 July 2022 An area of low pressure over Cabot Strait will continue to track
eastward this morning. Strong southerly winds ahead of the low become
strong to gale force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half and
Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: