Georges Bank - southern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 October 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots diminishing to northeast 30 late this evening and to northeast 20 Monday evening.
Showers ending Monday morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 October 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4932N 5511W to 5215N 5045W to 5345N 5045W to 5915N 5700W to 6000N
5210W to 5845N 4600W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Georges Bank - southern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 01 October 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 1 October 2023 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1006 mb located southwest of Georges
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday low 1005 mb located south of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM ADT 1 October 2023 A slow-moving low pressure system southwest of Georges Bank will
drift away to the southeast tonight to lie well south of the marine
district on Monday. Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies are
expected over southernmost waters with this feature tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half and West Scotian Slope - southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: