Georges Bank - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind easterly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to variable 15 near noon then increasing to northeast 25 Monday morning.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms this morning. Fog patches dissipating Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5145N 4930W to 5345N 5015W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located near Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday departing trough located south of East
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from New Brunswick to East
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday weakening ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM ADT 24 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 12:00 A.M. ADT post tropical storm
Ophelia was located near 37.1 north and 77.6 west. Maximum sustained
winds were 30 knots and the minimum central pressure was 1003 MB.
Ophelia was moving north at 7 knots. There will be no impacts to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: