Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 knots diminishing to westerly 20 to 25 this evening and to west 15 to 20 Thursday morning. Wind backing to southwest 20 Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 October 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today intensifying trough from 1006 mb low located
over Maine extending southward.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough from 1003 mb low located over
Anticosti Island extending southeastward.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located south of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM ADT 23 October 2019 An intensifying trough of low pressure over the western marine
district this afternoon will move to lie east of Laurentian Fan late
in the day Thursday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of
the trough shift to generally strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Fundy, Georges Bank, Banquereau - eastern half
And Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: