Issued 03:00 AM AST 07 February 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 30 knots diminishing to northeast 20 near noon then veering to east 10 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 after midnight then veering to west 15 Wednesday morning. Wind veering to northwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers or flurries overnight and Wednesday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending near noon.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 4 Wednesday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths new ice along parts of the coast in the
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 03:00 AM AST 07 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 985 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 990 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday weakening ridge located from
Newfoundland to Nova Scotia.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday trough located over the eastern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM AST 7 February 2023 An intense low pressure system just south of Georges Bank will
Move slowly eastward to lie east of the marine district on
Wednesday. Gale to storm force northeasterlies over the southern
Half of the marine district will gradually diminish today and
Tonight as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Gale warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks,
southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen,
Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: