Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 May 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight then veering to northwest 15 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 May 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 992 mb located over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 995 mb located near Anticosti
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 17 May 2022 Gale force southeasterly winds will persist this evening over some
northern waters ahead of a low over Quebec.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half and
Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: