Issued 03:30 PM ADT 01 October 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots with gusts to 30 in Chignecto Bay. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers and fog patches Friday evening. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 3:30 PM ADT 01 October 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 1 October 2020 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from the Great Lakes to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over New Brunswick.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 1 October 2020 Marine interests are advised that the gale warning that was
previously in effect for Anticosti has now been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: