Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 September 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light after midnight. Wind light Friday.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 21 September 2023
Tonight and Friday. Seas 1 metre or less.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 September 2023
Saturday Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots.
Sunday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Monday Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023 Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 September 2023 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the southeastern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 P.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 43.7 north and 40.8 west, or about 550 nautical miles
east southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
were estimated at 70 knots and the minimum central pressure was 977
MB. Nigel was moving northeast at 32 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward tonight and Friday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: