Issued 08:00 PM ADT 02 August 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots becoming northwest 20 near midnight then diminishing to west 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers this evening. Fog patches dissipating after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 2 August 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Aug estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5550W to 5345N 5345W to 5515N 5330W to 5755N 5555W to
5900N 5800W to 5955N 5140W to 5840N 4650W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 8:00 PM ADT 02 August 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 2 August 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1000 mb located over Fourchu.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 1000 mb located northeast of
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough from 998 mb low located over Quebec
to the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the St. Lawrence River.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday high located over Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday high located south of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:14 AM ADT 3 August 2021 A low pressure system passing south of Newfoundland will give strong
westerlies south of the system. These winds are expected to reach
gale force over Banquereau from issue time into early this morning.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warnings is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: