Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 May 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 knots diminishing to southwest 20 Saturday evening.
Showers overnight and Saturday. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 May 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4535N 5325W to 4430N 4710W to 4630N 4450W to 5020N
4535W to 5500N 5000W to 6015N 5830W to 6220N 5700W to 5820N 5030W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Quebec near
5028N 5949W to Newfoundland near 4925N 5808W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 May 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 May 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: