Issued 08:00 PM ADT 15 June 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 early Wednesday morning and to southwest 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 early Wednesday evening.
Showers tonight and Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Wednesday. Fog patches forming after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5000N 5345W to 5105N 5230W to 5540N 5200W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5805W to 5850N 4840W to 5815N 4815W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5124N 5754W to Newfoundland near 5043N 5710W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 8:00 PM ADT 15 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 15 June 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening Tropical Storm Bill 998 mb
located at 41.6N 59.6W.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday dissipating Post-tropical Storm Bill
1008 mb located at 44.7N 55.9W.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line north-south
over the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM ADT 15 June 2021
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: