Issued 08:00 PM AST 04 December 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 late this evening and to light Monday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 4 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5149N 5612W to 5130N 5500W to 5130N 5315W to 5230N 5245W to
5400N 5315W to 5815N 5545W to 6000N 5310W to 5745N 4700W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 4 December 2022 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located on a line
north-south over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday quasi-stationary ridge located from
Newfoundland to Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM AST 4 December 2022 Strong to gale force southerlies will veer to strong westerlies and
diminish this evening as a trough of low pressure moves east of the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery, lfa34.
Tonight...Winds northwest 15 becoming light overnight. Seas 2 metres
becoming 1 metre overnight.
Monday...Winds light increasing to south 15 to 20 knots in the
afternoon over northern areas and 10 to 15 knots over southern areas.
Seas near 1 metre.
Tuesday...Southeasterly 15 knots. Seas near 1 metre becoming 2 metres
in the evening over southern sections.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: