Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 October 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 20 knots diminishing to northeast 15 Monday morning and to light Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5033N 5616W to 5030N 4830W to 5200N 4800W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 03:00 AM ADT 02 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 2 October 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located south of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday building ridge located from Ontario to
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM ADT 2 October 2022 A trough of low pressure southwest of the region will move slowly
eastward and will stall south of the marine district later today.
This trough will remain nearly stationary south of the district on
Monday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will develop over
southwestern waters today and will persist tonight and Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: