Issued 08:00 PM ADT 31 May 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to westerly 15 late overnight. Wind westerly 15 Thursday.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 31 May 2023
Tonight and Thursday. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 31 May 2023
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to northeast 25.
Sunday Wind east 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 31 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4500N 5325W to 4640N 4710W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5745N 5250W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
FourchuIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 May 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 May 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
southwestern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: