Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 35 knots diminishing to southwest 25 late overnight and to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5256W to 4815N 5215W to 5045N 4845W to 5345N 4845W to 5600N
5045W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight Post-tropical Storm Fiona 950 mb located
at 48.8N 59.8W.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday departing Post-tropical Storm Fiona 970
mb located at 53.8N 57.2W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM ADT 24 September 2022 Post tropical cyclone Fiona is currently over the Northeastern Gulf
of St Lawrence and will move to lie over Southern Labrador Sunday
morning. Gale to storm force westerlies continue in the wake of the
Storm warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf -
Magdalen - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for gale
warnings are in effect for Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot
Strait - southern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen -
western half, Chaleur Miscou, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that higher than normal water
levels are expected for and Gulf of St. Lawrence waters until later
As of 8:00 P.M. post tropical cyclone Fiona was located near 48.8
degrees north and 59.8 degrees west or 52 nautical miles west
northwest of Stephenville. Fiona is moving northeast at 20 knots.
Maximum sustained winds are 60 knots and the central pressure is 950
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: