Eastern Shore - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots diminishing to variable 15 early this morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 15 Wednesday morning.
Rain changing to showers early this morning and ending Wednesday morning. Risk of thunderstorms today. Fog patches dissipating Wednesday morning.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 Tuesday morning.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Saturday Wind light becoming west 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Eastern Shore - western halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 06 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 5 June 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 995 mb located over LaHave
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 990 mb located over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 6 June 2023 A low pressure system over LaHave Bank will strengthen as it moves to
lie over Nova Scotia this afternoon and into the Gulf of St. Lawrence
tonight. Today gale force east to northeasterlies will continue to
develop north and east of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: