Eastern Shore - western half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 21 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 20 knots veering to northeasterly 15 this evening. Wind northeasterly 15 Saturday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 1 Saturday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:45 PM EST 21 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5550W to 5115N 5140W to 5230N 4905W to 5425N 5115W to
5600N 5500W to 5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern Shore - western halfIssued 3:30 PM AST 21 January 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight building ridge located over southern
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday intensifying low 1006 mb located
southwest of the Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday intensifying low 981 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM AST 21 January 2022 A deepening low will track southeast of the marine district Saturday.
North of the low, strong to gale force north easterlies will develop
Saturday afternoon over southern slope waters into Laurentian Fan.
Marine interest are advised that gale warnings are in effect for East
Scotian Slope - southern half and Laurentian Fan - southern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Anticosti - southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: