Eastern Shore - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 02 June 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to south 20 to 25 Wednesday morning then diminishing to southwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers and fog patches overnight and Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:55 PM EDT 2 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4540N 5310W to 4425N 4735W to 4430N 4530W to 4640N
4405W to 4925N 4420W to 5500N 5000W to 5800N 5500W to 6100N 5800W to
6200N 5630W to 5750N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6033W to Newfoundland near 4858N 5826W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern Shore - western halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 02 June 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 2 June 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 996 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 995 mb located near Anticosti Island.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over New England.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located near the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from Quebec to Cape Cod.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: