Issued 10:00 AM ADT 02 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwest 20 knots this afternoon then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming northeast 15 Friday morning then diminishing to light Friday afternoon.
Showers tonight and Friday morning. Fog patches dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:55 PM EDT 1 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5412W to 4615N 5335W to 4610N 5100W to 4640N 4455W to
Newfoundland near 4905N 4300W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5126N 5745W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5701W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern ShoreIssued 10:00 AM ADT 02 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 2 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing trough located over the eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today cold front located on a line east-west
over the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Banquereau.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: