East Scotian Slope
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeasterly 20 to 25 knots except variable 15 to 20 over southwestern sections. Wind increasing to southeasterly 30 early this evening except southwest 20 over southwestern sections. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 late overnight. Wind southwest 25 Tuesday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southwest 20 knots.
Thursday Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 5 June 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 995 mb located over LaHave
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 990 mb located over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:40 PM ADT 5 June 2023 A low pressure system over LaHave Bank will strengthen as it moves to
lie over Nova Scotia Tuesday afternoon and into the Gulf of St.
Lawrence Tuesday night. Gale force east to northeasterlies will
develop north and east of the low overnight tonight and Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: