East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 14 April 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening except northeast 25 over southern sections. Wind becoming northeast 25 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 April 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4958N 5530W to 5124N 5355W
to 5419N 5139W to 5619N 5637W to 5803N 5748W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 14 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4711N 5254W to 4730N 5030W to 5120N 4835W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5830W to 6030N 5150W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Apr estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5126N 5701W to Newfoundland near 5102N 5654W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 14 April 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 995 mb located south
of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM NDT 14 April 2021 An area of low pressure will remain nearly stationary south of
Laurentian Fan tonight then begin to drift slowly eastward late in
the day on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds over
southwestern waters will persist tonight and Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: