East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NST 26 January 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots backing to southeast 15 to 20 late overnight then increasing to southeast 25 Monday morning. Wind increasing to south 35 near noon Monday then diminishing to southwest 20 Monday evening.
Rain and fog patches Monday.
Temperatures minus 5 rising to plus 1 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5100N 5235W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 26 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 26 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NST Monday approaching trough from low located on a
line east-west over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 a.m. NST Monday approaching cold front from low located
on a line north-south over Cape Breton Island.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today high located over the southwestern Grand
By 3:00 a.m. NST Monday departing high located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM NST 26 January 2020 A trough of low pressure will approach the marine district tonight
and extend northeastward across Newfoundland Monday. Strong to gale
force northeasterlies are expected to develop north of this feature.
Meanwhile, a cold front will move across the southern marine district
on Monday. Strong to gale force southerlies will develop ahead of the
cold front and shift to moderate to strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Northeast Gulf - southeastern half, Gulf - Port au Port
- southeastern half, Northeast Coast, and Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf - northwestern half,
Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half, and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: