East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots with gusts to 25 near Cape Race late this morning. Wind becoming east 15 this evening then increasing to southeast 25 late overnight. Wind southeast 25 Tuesday.
Showers overnight and Tuesday. Fog banks.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind south 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 4 June 2023 Today Tonight and Monday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 June 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5728W to
Newfoundland near 5102N 5706W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4934N 5428W to
5450N 5354W to 5517N 5552W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:26 PM EDT 4 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4610N 5345W to 4635N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 51 to 100 north of the iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today approaching trough located south of Nova
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM NDT 5 June 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach from the southwest today and
track northward to lie south of Newfoundland by Tuesday afternoon.
Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies will develop ahead of
the trough on Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: