East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 22 August 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 this afternoon and to south 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Friday morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches beginning this evening. Risk of thunderstorms overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5630W to 5025N 5315W to 5430N 5210W to 5700N 5400W to 6140N
5940W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5027N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 22 August 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 998 mb located
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough from low located over New Brunswick.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough from low located on a line east-west
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the eastern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: